Check SCSA's School Uniforms Policy for grades K-8
Visit In Unison website to purchase Southwest Charlotte STEM Academy's school uniformCLICK HERE TO PURCHASE
The Southwest Charlotte Stem Academy (SCSA) Board of Directors believes that a safe and enriched learning environment helps to promote academic excellence. The way a school’s atmosphere is cultivated can have a direct impact upon the student’s safety, attitude and school performance. School uniforms help to create unity amongst students as well as to help the school leaders identify individuals on campus that could pose a threat and/or compromise safety.
SCSA has adopted and will enforce the uniform policy below. All students, K-8, are required to wear uniforms on school days, with any exceptions announced in the school’s communications or by specific permission from the school’s administration. One approved vendor has been selected for consistency of appearance, color, and quality. This also allows for less subjectivity in enforcement. Clothing should be marked for easy identification.
In addition to being required to wear school uniforms, all students are to be groomed and dressed appropriately for school and school activities. A student’s dress and/or appearance shall:
- Support, not disrupt, the learning environment
- Constitute no threat to health or safety
- Be tasteful and unable to be construed as obscene or offensive
- Reflect practices of good hygiene and cleanliness
- Be neat, clean, properly fitted, age-appropriate and suitable for the learning environment
General School Uniforms Guidelines
- Bottoms (black or khaki) may be purchased at any retail store (Lands End, Old Navy, Walmart, Lands End, etc)
- Socks, tights or leggings should be white or black
- Shoes must be comfortable to run/play, closed toe and heels. NO lights, noises, sparkles, , brightly colored shoelaces, charms or beads, cartoon or pop-culture characters allowed
- All clothing must be free of words, sayings, slogans or graphics (symbols, images, etc) with the exception of official SCSA spirit wear
- No hoods, hat or bandanas are to be worn over the head in the building at any time, unless for religious or culture practices
- Any items worn to school that becomes a distraction to learning will be asked to be removed at the teacher or administrator’s discretion.
- Pants MAY NOT be worn below the hips.
Specific School Uniforms Guidelines
Kindergarten-5th Grade Students
- Shirts: Short or long-sleeved collar polo style (hunter/kelly green, white or black) with SCSA logo
- Polo style dress: hunter green
- Solid khaki jumper-style dress over collar polo shirt with SCSA logo
- Bottoms: skorts, skirts, shorts, pants, or capris should be solid black or khaki. Skirts, shorts, skorts, and dresses must be two inches above the knee or longer
- Shirts: Short or long-sleeved collar polo style shirt (hunter/kelly green, white or black) with SCSA logo
- Bottoms: Pants or shorts should be solid black or khaki. Clothing must be secured at the waistline, not sagging and/or revealing anything underneath. Black or brown belt may be worn
- Worn only on PE day(s) and worn the entire day
- Must wear athletic shoes and socks
- Black mesh/knit shorts or black fleece sweatpants
- Kelly green SCSA logo short-sleeved crew shirt
Click here to purchase Gym Wear for all students
Outerwear for All Students
- Worn indoors must have SCSA logo. Any school appropriate jacket or coat can be worn outdoors.
- SCSA logo sweatshirt, fleece vest, zip-up fleece jacket and hooded fleece jacket black or hunter green.
Backpacks and Lunchboxes
- Backpack style bookbag only: no rolling bags, please. They can be of any color as long as it does not have any inappropriate wording or offensive pictures/tone.
- No specific requirements for lunch bags or boxes.
Are you looking for Great Rocket Gear? You are in the right place! Check out our awesome apparel that can be yours today!. Now you can support your favorite school from anywhere! Show your school pride with the official SCSA gear. Get yours today!